Wind Energy Environmental Impacts Assessment
Hendrikson & Ko carries out preliminary surveys to determine impacts of wind farms or individual windmills and compiles environmental impact assessments (also pre-assessments) for planned wind farms.
We use internationally widespread and highly valued special software WindPRO (EMD International A/S Denmark) to assess impacts from wind farms.
For wind farms planning process we offer variety of services:
- Comprehensive, thematic and detailed plans for wind farms, with environmental impact assessment, if required;
- Pre-assessments to determine significant impacts in early stages;
- Optimal solutions for wind farm positioning to minimize the negative impacts near residential areas and use wind resource efficiently (excluding direct productivity calculations);
- Noise modelling and noise maps for noise originating from wind farms;
- Example of noise map
- Assessing and modelling of shading effects, compiling shade maps and shade calendars (shade occurrence depending on date and time);
Visualizations of planned wind farms to illustrate the visual effects of the wind farms to the landscape;
Visualizations can be made as panoramic pictures with the 360-degree view.