LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) and EPD (Environmental Product Declaration) services
Hendrikson & Ko offers Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) and Life Cycle Assessments (LCA). LCAs and EPDs provide reliable information on the environmental impact of a product throughout its whole life cycle. In other words, EPD is produced on the basis of the LCA and also follows the rules of a particular international standard. EPD data reliability is ensured by an independent third-party verification process. After EPD verification, it is publisehd on the EPD web page.
When creating an EPD and LCA, all environmental impacts of a product are assessed, taking into account the entire life cycle of a product, including use of energy, water and natural resources, and waste generation using SimaPro software. According to the needs of the materials market we are specialized in building material EPDs.
Several countries are already calling for a LCA in the construction sector (including EPDs for building materials). Similar regulations are in force in Belgium, France and Netherlands and from 2022 in Sweden and Norway, and in the coming years in Denmark (2023) and Finland (2024). In Estonia, discussions are ongoing on how to implement similar regulation.
NB! The published EPD document does not contain sensitive information about the company and its product (e.g., on the production or the supply chain), it only provides information on the life cycle assessment results of the product.
Conducting an EPD and LCA can add value to your business in the following ways:
● A certified product can confer a market advantage in the eyes of the final consumer as well as public and private procurements and calls for tender.
● The opportunity to obtain environmental data about your product and identify bottlenecks in production.
● Find out what is the environmental impact of your product, including greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
● In this way, you can consciously start to reduce the carbon footprint of the product.
● The results are numerical, allowing similar products to be compared with each other by declared unit (e.g., m2 , m3 , t, kg).