Composed methodologies and guidelines
Our experts have led the development of several manuals over the years:
- Green Infrastructure Planning Guide (in Estonian) at the request of the Estonian Environmental Agency.
- “Recommendations for Spatial Planning Procurement” (in Estonian). Authors are Estonian Association of Spatial Planners in cooperation with Spatial Planning Department of Ministry of Finance.
- Handbook of Strategic Environmental Assessment (in Estonian). Client was Estonian Ministry of the Environment. It’s a comprehensive electronic handbook on strategic environmental assessment, targeted mainly at impact assessors. The book gives a clear overview of the specific rules of SEA, but it also helps to understand the wider picture. For example, why there is a need for SEA at all, what are its objectives, different stages, requirements of the EU directive, relation to appropriate assessment, etc.
- International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA) tips “Effective Stakeholder Engagement”
- Guidelines for SEA follow-up (in Estonian)
- Guidelines “Directions for Natura assessment for application of habitats directive’s article 6 paragraph 3 in Estonia” (in Estonian)
- Permitting guidance “Hazardous substances for the aquatic environment” (in Estonian)
- Guidlines for compilaton of Protection Procedur Plans (in Estonian)
- Participatory planning in the city of Rakvere (in Estonian)
- Handbook for planning and implementing public partipication (in Estonian)
- Methodology for vegetation assessment (geobotanic overview) (in Estonian)
- Methodology for zoology inventory taking (in Estonian)
- Methodology for marine area spatial planning (in Estonian)
- Handbook “Light-traffic planning for local authorities” (in Estonian)
- Handbook “Recommendations for planning process compilation” (in Estonian)